My name is Josh and I am currently looking for a career change following 10 years in the the corporate world as an insurance broker in both the UK and UAE. In this role I have gained valuable life experience and built a very broad skill set both professionally and personally which I believe can be applied across multiple facets of life.
As long as I can remember I have always had an interest in the great outdoors, being an active member of the scout network and military cadets in the UK, this coupled with a passion for fitness always meant I was outdoors being active. In 2015 I moved to Dubai with my current employer to establish and manage a team to focus on the Middle East and Africa portfolio of business, with this came a great opportunity to broaden my professional and personal skills by having to work and immerse myself in different cultures and traditions. Outside of work I found myself in a community of similar minded people, where weekends are spent exploring the deserts, wadis and mountain ranges of the UAE and Oman. In 2019 I completed a 250km foot race across Sri Lanka, followed by a 230km self-supported race through the Amazon Rainforest in Peru whilst raising money for a local charity close to home in the UK. During these races you certainly find out a lot about yourself!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates— 2015 - Present
In 2015 I was transferred to Dubai to establish a local team to develop and manage the Middle Eastern and African portfolio of business
• Travel across the Middle East and Africa to develop new business opportunities and to maintain existing relationships
• Servicing and management of a diverse portfolio of business across the Middle East and Africa
• Hiring, management and retention of a small team.
• Planning and delivering of budgets in conjunction with the global team
• Broking distressed Terrorism and Political Violence business into the Insurance market on behalf of our clients.
• Compliance and Operations management
School Leaver and professional Insurance Exams
Beginning of 2021
Hemisphere: Northern and Southern
Availability to Work in:
United States of America
Preferred Hours: Full Time
* Please read our safety center for information about how to view and verifying documents.