We have an opportunity for a deckand/ fishing guide position to join our team for the Montebello Islands, Rowley Shoals, Scott Reef season.
We are a small group charter business that offers live-a-board cruises from Geraldton, Exmouth and Broome to the Abrolhos Islands, Montebello Islands, Rowley Shoals and Scott Reef. We offer Intensive Fishing or Snorkel/ Dive Charters taking in every experience and opportunity that this unique remote Marine Environment offers.
- Report to the Vessel Master
- Safely and responsibly master the tenders
- Guiding guests on Fishing Experiences
- Preparing and setting rigs up
- General deck hand duties
- Assisting in navigational watches
- Vessel Maintenance and servicing
- Maintenance and refuelling of tenders
- Other duties as directed by master
In addition to the above, applicants require:
- Sound experience as a Coxswain with relevant qualifications and sufficient skills to work on board motorised boats
- Excellent fishing knowledge and skills, proof may be required on interview.
- Excellent communication skills, using sound language skills,
- Be able to work flexible/long hours
- An ability to work and live in a small ship environment
- Ensuring that the comfort and safety of all persons aboard are maintained at very high standards
- Ability to work at a fast pace and predict the vessel and guest needs in advance so a smooth operating environment is maintained, and the guests do not feel delayed.
- Ensure that all work complies within company policy and procedures including OH&S and any legislative requirements.
Local knowledge is preferred, but not essential with onboard training provided
- Minimum Coxswains (Master <24m preferred)
- Senior First aid
- National Police Clearance
Please do not apply if you do not hold at least a Coxswains or any fishing experience .
You will be required to work a set roster throughout the northern season. The cruises are liveaboard and you will be sea for your rostered period with limited satellite communications
Daily rate dependent on level of experience and/or skills.
from Fremantle to Broome depending on where the boat is working.
COVID UPDATE FROM WORK THE WILDS
To help support you during the Covid-19 Pandemic, Work the Wilds is offering a free year upgraded to the Green Flash membership. This allows access to unlimited private messaging, job posting, unlimited classified posts, access to DM employers and jobseekers and more. We hope this helps everyone to stay connected. Enter code FREEYEAR at check out. GO WILD!