Mountain Biking : Australia
WHERE TO GO
- New South Wales - Blue Mountains
- Tasmania - Bay of Fires, Cradle Mountain and Mount Wellington
- Victoria - Alpine Region, the Great Ocean Road and Otway Ranges.
- ACT- Stromlo Forest Park was host to the 2009 UCI Mountain Bike World Championships.
- Don't discount the North with Simpson's Gap on the edge of the MacDonnell Ranges and some epic tracks in SA and Queensland, Kangaroo Island, Byron Bay and Mt Joyce
In New Zealand
Rotorua is a mecca for mountain bikers, with Whakarewarewa Forest known as 'The Redwoods'. Check out the downhill trails in Queenstown, single trail tracks down the West Coast, Kahurangi National Park and abandoned logging tracks in Tongariro National Park. There are breathtaking trails around Lake Taupo and plenty of Southland circuits