Were a young English family, looking for a exciting new life change and challenge. Myself and my partner have a wide range of skills developed over careers based in outdoor education and drama. I have worked in a background of outdoor adventure for 20 years teaching everything from climbing, surfing and sailing based in the UK, France and Spain. I used to speak basic French however haven't used this for many years so would be a little rusty.
I currently head up a large international Language school as the Operations Manager and make very important strategic decisions on how the business is run. So I am very familiar with business and how to get the best outcomes for all involved, I am a strong believer if you have the right product and nurture a great team magical things can happen.
My partner has a background in theatre and performance as well as a full time mum with a great attitude to work and organisation. She has many transferable skills and a keen willingness to get stuck in. The children are both young but learn well in alternative settings and we love the idea of home school as well as learn from doing.
What we are in search of is the right opportunity to challenge us as a family and run our own business, if you think we could help you please get in touch.
As an experienced operations specialist, I have supported my current business to fulfil their innovative growth potential through revising procedures and working closely with the director on business development. Using a range of my acquired skills we have ensured that the quantitative and qualitative targets of the director are met whilst creating a family feel to our work force, clients and stakeholders. My role is all about building lasting professional relationships to ensure positive outcomes.
In 2016 I joined the team as a recruitment assistant from here I set about making positive changes based on collected feedback and since then I have:
• Set feedback loops in place to get a 360 degree view of what has been happening in centres, recruitment, sales and operations.
• Redesign the recruitment systems to be more streamlined for both the company and the applicant. this has resulted in increased staff return rates.
• Redesigned the sales system to make it less time consuming for the sales team to process interest, this has freed up time for face to face travel to ensure clients get that personal feel, crucial for increasing sales.
The main impact has been the conference team connections built over the 3 years to get on a personal level with each of the campus teams and stakeholders. During the winter months I travel the country visiting the centres and forging the great relationships that help us grow and maintain our centres.
As the snap shot of my work history shows I have extensive work experience with both large and small teams, coupled with my knowledge from my degrees I have the skills in a vast number of areas that are transferable to this role, my degree had elements of recreational management pressures to legislation. Whilst I hold no direct experience with enforcement, I strongly believe I possess the transferable skills to excel in this role.
I hope you see that my skills will help me provide an all-encompassing service to your team and your stakeholders.
My current role covers:
• Responsibility for ensuring smooth running of all centre and office operations
• Orchestrate recruitment, training and deployment of staff
• Monitor performance of staff and organise any in-service training
• Responsibility for issue of contracts in line with UK employment law
• Orchestrate any disciplinary, grievance or absence reports
• Lead new course development
• Check that planning and organisation is in line with British Council to ensure accreditation standards
• Lead the Business Development Team to update all areas of business
• Responsible for drawing up and monitoring centre timetables, excursion and attraction bookings and accounts
Honours & Awards
University of Plymouth - BSc Ocean Exploration - Grade: 2:1 July 2015
Falmouth Marine School - FdSc Marine Science - Grade: 69.99% July 2013
Cornwall College – Camborne - Access to HE, Health and Social Care, - Grade: Distinction 2010 – 2011
RYA Powerboat Level Two - Royal Yachting Association (RYA) - Date: 2000
First Aid at Work - British Red Cross - Date: 30/01/2017
Safeguarding Level 3 - English UK - Date: 12/02/2017
People Management Skills - CIPD – Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development - Date: Sept 2018
Management and Leadership - The Open University - Date: March 2018
That depends on what is on offer we would be able to leave the UK asap and would be open to new adventures, please get in touch if you have an opportunity.
Hemisphere: Northern and Southern
Availability to Work in:
Antigua and Barbuda
British Indian Ocean Territory
Papua New Guinea
Turks and Caicos Islands
United States Minor Outlying Islands
United States of America
Virgin Islands (British)
Virgin Islands (US)
Preferred Hours: Full Time
* Please read our safety center for information about how to view and verifying documents.