Our Surf Club is located on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland. Formed in 1969, the Club has experienced significant growth over the last few years and is expected to continue to expand in providing the community service of saving lives on our beaches. The Club provides successful business operations to support the surf lifesaving operations. This includes a bar, bistro, functions, events and gaming delivery.
About the role
We are seeking a General Manager. The General Manager role is a newly created unique position, which will require Surf Life Saving and hospitality experience with the key responsibilities of:
- Leadership and management to deliver the objectives and strategies of the Management Committees of the Surf Club and the Supporters Club.
- Provide oversight and responsibility for the operations teams of the Surf Club and the Supporters Club.
- Commercial success and community engagement.
The General Manager is a key position to provide the leadership for business development and operations with a focus on community engagement. To fulfil this role you will have senior leadership experience with a track record in business development to generate growth with strong communication skills and commercial acumen.
Benefits and perks
The Surf Life Saving Club is located right on the beach, with ocean views on the Sunshine Coast approximately an hour and half north of Brisbane, we are situated just north of the Maroochydore River. Our members will be first to tell you we patrol one of the best stretches of beach on the coast!
The Surf Life Saving Club a small to medium family orientated Surf Club with over 120 active members and 180 nippers. The Supporters Club has a member base of over 3000, with 36 poker machines, with bar, bistro, gaming and function streams 7 days a week.
Attractive salary packages with charitable fringe benefits will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Skills and experience
Key criteria for this role will include:
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and manage a team of both employees and volunteers.
- Experience working in a community based not-for-profit sector with a high regard given to Surf Life Saving operations and previous hospitality experience.
- Commercial skills with proven experience to meet key performance indicators.
- Proven skills in building trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Administrative competencies including proficiency in the use and management of IT systems, marketing and business processes.
The application form will include these questions:
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have with forecasting for businesses?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
*please mention you found this job on Work the Wilds