We looking for an awesome person to join our amazing whanau and take a leading role in managing our mountain bike retail shops and cafes. The successful applicant will be joining the groups senior management team and be tasked with leading mountain bike operations. There is huge potential to grow within this role as well as advance in the group to take on other responsibilities and/or duties across tourism, events, hospitality and consultancy operations.
The Operations Manager will ultimately be responsible for managing the results and performance of Day to Day operations of the organisation. The role will drive Mountain Bike Rotorua’s long-term strategy and ensure all goals are achieved while maintaining the company’s values and principles.
Guiding Principles of the role:
The overarching principle is to embrace, practice and promote the Group Values. We also have more specific goals for various operations:
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading the execution of the organizations objectives as they relate to a) staff and b) organisational goals:
a) Staffing goals
To cultivate a workplace in which staff:
- feel valued and like they are part of a family.
- Can be their best.
- Can grow their skill set (so they leave us better than we how we found them).
- Are spoken to in a way that maintains everyone’s mana -always.
b) Organisational goals
To continue to develop a business that:
- Instils group values in to all operations.
- Continues to expand and improve each year.
- innovates and evolves the company to take on new opportunities.
Key Knowledge Areas
- Systems development and implementation.
- Project Management.
- Human Resource Management.
- Financial forecasting, monitoring and reporting.
- Employment Relations.
- Customer Service.
- Tourism and Hospitality and/or Retail Management
Desired Skills and Experience
- A track record of at least 4 years senior management experience implementing outstanding growth through team enablement and innovation.
- Tertiary qualifications in the fields of management, business, tourism or similar will be looked on favourably.
- Experience within an outdoor operations business with a high level of perceived risk will be advantageous.
- Experience in areas of budget management and targets.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- An influential and inspiring individual who can create synergy amongst internal team members and external stakeholders, partners and industry groups.
- Effective time and resource manager
- Strong industry and community relationships looked on favourably
- You will not only be measured on growth but maintaining our reputation as the best in the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management and Leadership
- Lead Team Leader and Team planning meetings.
- Coach all direct reports in achieving organisational/departmental objectives.
- Maintaining a strong visibility on the business front line.
- Stakeholder relationships with key partners.
- Lead team meetings and lead clear communication throughout organisation.
Staff culture, planning and human resources
- Forward planning and recruitment to meet seasonal demand patterns.
- Leading the recruitment process for new hires.
- Assessing training and development opportunities for Team Leaders.
- Managing a high level of discipline.
- Inspire and engage each member of the team around company purpose and culture.
- Ensuring the team is efficient and effective in pursuit of strategic objectives, sales, marketing, market intelligence and relationships.
- Relationship management of key clients and partners.
- Understanding of changing customer and industry demographics and behaviours and realigning business marketing and product development plans to suit.
- Represent us at key industry events, tradeshows, and networking opportunities.
- Lead application processes for key awards and recognition.
- Staying informed and highly responsive to competitor movements and ensuring we remain a business of choice for customers.
- Managing high level/severe guest complaints/incidents.
- Quality assurance of all products and services.
- Soliciting guest feedback, analysing results, and actioning change.
- Leading product evolution.
- Working with the group Accounts Manager to establish a financial reporting system to keep team leaders connected to financial implications of operating decisions.
- Delivering all tasks within approved budget.
- Managing and reporting results against KPIS.
- Creating accurate and realistic budgets, forecasts and providing awareness and direction to team around targets.
- Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance company assets.
- Seek new business leads and capitalise on all ‘more $ per customers” opportunities.
- Analysis on all revenue factors including logistics, yield, scheduling of staff, volume for optimum financial results while maintaining the core values and principals.
- Overall responsibility for the efficient and safe operations of the entire product delivery platform.
- Understanding of legislative responsibilities in relation to Adventure Tourism and Road Transport.
- Managing evolution of the product offering to meet the high expectations of changing and evolving markets and repeat visitors.
- Ongoing product enhancement and process improvement.
- Staying current to industry trends and best practice.
- Commitment to personal ongoing self-development and improvement.
Health and Safety
- Overall responsibility for our Health and Safety practices.
- Adopt a positive and focussed approach to health and safety in the workplace, to ensure active steps are taken to ensure own wellbeing and wellbeing of others.
- Follow all health and safety practices, systems and processes.
- Carry out required reporting for hazards, accidents and incidents.
- Continually seek to isolate and eliminate hazards.
- Wear (and advocate for the wearing of) all required PPE.
- Work with Health and Safety Representatives.
Specific key performance indicators will be discussed and set with your manager. They may include, but not be limited to:
- Operational expectations constantly met and exceeded. All agreed actions complete on time.
- Providing consistently excellent customer service.
- Upskilling within primary operational work area, and cross skilling in others.
COVID UPDATE FROM WORK THE WILDS
To help support you during the Covid-19 Pandemic, Work the Wilds is offering a free year upgraded to the Green Flash membership. This allows access to unlimited private messaging, job posting, unlimited classified posts, access to DM employers and jobseekers and more. We hope this helps everyone to stay connected. Enter code FREEYEAR at check out. GO WILD!