Our goal is to increase environmental awareness and inspire young people though outdoor education.
We are looking to employ enthusiastic people with a passion for outdoor education and the environment who can help us meet this goal. Utilising a wide variety of activities we aim to engage, develop and challenge the students who travel with us, their conceptions of themselves, their peers and the environment around them.
To find out more and apply go to: www.ecov.co/jobinfo
We are currently recruiting for the following positions for our 2019-20 season (8th September - 6th May);
- Instructors (Multi Activity, Field Study, Trekking, Water Sports, High Ropes)
- Group Leaders
- Senior Instructors (Various Positions) (starting 25th August)
- Chief Instructor (starting 25th August)
From our base in the UAE we also run trips to Sri Lanka, Georgia, Malaysia, Nepal and Oman.
Experience and qualifications required vary by position. Go to apply now for more information.
Package includes monthly salary, flight allowance, accommodation, meals, visa, health insurance, paid leave (for contracts over 6 months).
There are no minimum qualifications but the salary will reflect qualifications and experience. First and foremost we are looking for outgoing people who are positive, willing to learn and are passionate about outdoor education and sharing their knowledge and passion with students.
You must have a valid 1st aid certificate (we will be hosting a 4 day wilderness 1st aid course at the start of the season), a good conduct certificate (or similar) is needed to apply for a visa and a degree (particularly in a relevant field) is highly beneficial.
Willingness to work in a close team setting is paramount as instructors work together as a team in every aspect of the job. A positive attitude, ability to communicate openly and flexibility towards last minute changes is essential as working in the middle east requires a large degree of adaptability.
Previous experience and a driving license are desirable.
Qualifications / knowledge that we look for are:
- SPA / Climbing wall insrtuctor or equivalent
- BC Paddle sport Instructor or equivalent
- ML or equivalent
- RYA Start Windsurf Instructor or Equivalent
- BSAK snorkel Instructor
- Biology or Geography degree or equivalent
- Outdoor Education Degree
- Experience in a Field studies centre or outdoor environmental education facility
- Knowledge of basic scientific concepts in ecology, conservation, biology and geography fields.
*Please mention you found this job on Work the Wilds