We are seeking an experienced individual to manage the Terrain Park operation. The Terrain Park Manager is directly responsible for the overall management of the terrain park operations, including but not limited to; employee scheduling, training, hiring and management, daily opening and closing procedures, special events, feature design, construction and maintenance, snowmaking operations, and have knowledge of all terrain park safety
procedures. Applicants should have strong communication and planning skills, and an excellent ability to work with multiple resort departments on a daily basis. Must be available for Nights, Weekends, and Holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this classification and are not all-inclusive of the specific position.
· Manage the creation, design, construction, maintenance and overall operation of terrain parks.
· Responsible for the daily examination and maintenance of all park elements to reduce risk by eliminating hazards to the guests.
· Responsible for laborer duties during terrain park construction; shoveling, lifting, raking, digging.
· Monitoring and maintaining the designated music, fencing, banners, and flags.
· Assist with various youth marketing activities including but not limited to: events or competitions, coordination photo and film shoots, and web and blog updates.
· Assist in the solicitation of sponsors or promoters and development of events and promotions with a youth focus.
· Manage employee production through proper hiring, training, scheduling and prioritizing feature maintenance.
· Keeping signage visible in the parks.
· Champion the Park Etiquette & Education Program (PEEPs).
· Monitoring all elements for risk and closing any and all elements that become unsafe to our guests until maintenance can be performed to reopen the feature.
· Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) by following Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with guests.
· Complete Park Report daily for Park grooming staff.
· Ensure that all employees are evaluated on their performance and that skill development is emphasized.
· Responsible for the completion of all daytime terrain park related forms; including but not limited to: design and layout map(s), Daily Terrain Park Opening Form(s), Terrain Park New Feature Map(s), Post Incident Reopening Form(s), Terrain Park Staff Incident Comment Form. As well as, any company equipment or vehicle forms.
· Contributes to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of the guests and employees: participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions
· Other duties as assigned
· Success With The Guest -Create a positive impression for our guests. Genuinely welcomes the guest: smiles, makes eye contact, engages the guest in conversation and thanks them for their patronage.
· Work Performance and Job Knowledge -Accuracy, attention to detail, volume of work produced and speed in which it is completed. Such knowledge may be gained from education, experience, training and the ability to adapt to new situations.
· Teamwork -Upbeat and dependable. Demonstrates the ability to cooperate, communicate and work as a team player with co-workers, supervisors, and outside contacts.
· Professionalism –Acts professionally and is respectful of others. Adherence to all uniform standards.
· Attendance/Punctuality – Communicates absences and schedule changes in a timely manner. Promptness in reporting to work and adherence to break and lunch schedules.
· Safety – Demonstrates safety consciousness with guests, resort and co-workers. Attends safety meetings and adheres to safety codes and procedures.
· Consistent attendance with excellent work ethic
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· This position requires the use of judgment to determine actions to be taken. The safety of personnel and equipment should not be compromised in your decisions. The actions to be taken can come from a combination of Design Team Meeting Decisions, Park Day Crew requests, and Terrain Park Manager requests.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least three to five years of terrain park experience, at least three years of management or supervisory experience, and slope grooming vehicle operation experience preferred.
Valid Driver's License and the ability to obtain all certifications required through on the job training required. Experience with Microsoft Office products required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. This job will require considerable physical effort (Shovel – Often, Repetitive Tasks – Often, Raking – Often.
Park Crew works in a mountain environment during the winter season. It is expected that we will all be working in a variety of conditions, which include but are not limited to: Rain, Snow, Freezing Temperatures, Wind and uneven surfaces. Often the environment of the cat is indoors, but all operators should be prepared to deal with a winter environment at any time during a shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The Summit at Snoqualmie will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with known disabilities to allow an individual to perform the essential functions of his or her job, as required by
law. If you believe you require reasonable accommodation you should let your supervisor or human resources representative know as soon as possible.
Job Title: Terrain Park Manager
Location: Snoqualmie Pass, WA
Type of Job: