We are now seeking a Trails Manager for a Reserve based in the heart of Swaziland. Within this role you will report to the Operations Manager and General Manager of the property. This position will be responsible for the day to day trails management and maintenance including hiking, horse trails and mountain biking. A passion and experience with horses is a must as you will be required to manage the stables and day to day welfare of 50+ horses.
- Fluency in English essential, siSwati advantageous
- Equine proficiency, management, training, medical and nutrition experience essential
- Sound conservation ethics and eco-tourism guiding experience essential Organization and management of multi-day trails including planning and managing fly camps, logistics, menus, catering
- Staff management and training experience essential, with proven track record in people and project management
- Ability to work unsupervised – effective initiative and duty prioritization
- Report writing, time keeping, record management, statistics collection
- Experience in effectively dealing with international clientele, problem solving and complaint handling
- Advanced computer literacy essential
- Adventure Guide or related qualification or training necessary, FGASA preferable
- Equine Management, Training and/or Behaviour qualification or adequate experience essential
- Valid Driver’s License & Driving competence essential
- Hospitality / tourism related qualification advantageous
- Community based tourism experience advantageousResponsibilities:
- Stable Management & Horse Training - including buildings and facilities, feed stocks, nutrition and medical for 50+ horses
- Transporting horses locally and cross border.
- Acquisition of documentation and permits for import/export of horses, feed and equipment
- Staff training and management
- Asset and Equipment maintenance
- Trail maintenance and development
- Standards maintenance and improvement
- Administration and Record maintenance
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and regulations
- Provide recommendations on product development
- Budget and procurement management and development
- Maintaining a good working relationship within the organization and with clients where appropriate.If you are looking for a hands-on role which involved plenty of outdoor work and hands on with nature, then this is the role for you.
To apply please send your CV, references and profile picture today… Good Luck!
Click the Apply Online Link
*please mention you found this job on Work the Wilds