Yacht Club Operations Manager
About the Club
We are situated in Sydney, NSW and were established in 1922 to promote the sport of sailing on Sydney Harbour and to provide a relaxed social environment for its 550 members and their guests.
The clubhouse was purpose built in 1924 and the jetty and other boating facilities added later. The clubhouse was extensively renovated in 2020.
This is a newly created position reporting to the Commodore.
About the Role
As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Club in conjunction with the administration, finance and food and beverage operations to ensure maximum benefit to Members. This will include:
- Maintenance of the Club’s facilities (Clubhouse, boatshed, jetty, boats and moorings).
- Arranging building and repair work as required.
- Holding the Club’s liquor license.
- Ensuring the Club’s compliance with NSW Clubs and Liquor license responsibilities.
- Ensuring compliance with all OH&S, fire protection and COVID protocols.
- Scheduling deliveries and stocktaking and reporting to the Honorary Treasurer.
- Maintaining perimeter and Clubhouse security.
- Attendance at Board Meetings as required.
- Assisting the Race Management team with sailing activities as required.
- Attending Club events as required.
The role is based on 28 hours per week over 4 days including weekends.
About the Candidate
- Minimum of 5 years experience within the hospitality or boating sector.
- Sound knowledge of OH&S legislation as applied to Clubs.
- Hold a NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol qualification.
- Hold a NSW General Boat License.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated organisational planning skills and attention to detail.
- Be computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel, Powerpoint).
- Possess a flexible approach to work, including work hours which will include weekends.
- Sailing experience will be an advantage.
If you believe you meet the criteria and wish to apply for the role, please email your resume and covering letter to email
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
COVID UPDATE FROM WORK THE WILDS
To help support you during the Covid-19 Pandemic, Work the Wilds is offering a free year upgraded to the Green Flash membership. This allows access to unlimited private messaging, job posting, unlimited classified posts, access to DM employers and jobseekers and more. We hope this helps everyone to stay connected. Enter code FREEYEAR at check out. GO WILD!