Auckland, New Zealand
Salary not listed
VACANCY: OUTDOOR FIELD INSTRUCTOR
We require an Outdoor Field Instructor to join our Auckland team.
We have over 33 years working with a wide range of client groups in the adventure education and personal development fields. Our Auckland base operates throughout the North Island with programmes involving sea and river kayaking, rafting, tramping and alpine trips, caving, rock climbing, and cycling. Most programmes involve facilitated learning and are tailored to the specific needs of a variety of client groups (such as schools, youth development agencies and community groups).
We are looking for applicants with a Christian faith commitment who will be compatible with the our philosophy and objectives.
Applicants will have:
• At least two Level 1 NZOIA qualifications or equivalent qualifications.
• Demonstrated industry experience elsewhere as this role is not suited to a new graduate.
• Held a driver’s licence for a minimum of two years and be eligible for a P Endorsement.
• Excellent facilitation and communication skills.
• Initiative and problem-solving skills.
• Good organisational skills and computer literacy.
• An understanding of outdoor education and youth work principles.
• A current first aid certificate.
We are committed to the on-going training and development of its staff. The successful applicant will be required to undertake training toward further NZOIA and other relevant qualifications.
The position involves significant time away from Auckland and requires a commitment of at least three years.
To apply please forward a covering letter and CV with contact details for two referees to email
If you wish to speak to somebody about this position please contact Jeff Lappin or Tim Wills
Find out more about us check out our website.
Salary not listed
Accommodation Included :No
Job: Full Time
Contact: Jeff Lappin or Tim Wills