Ski & Ride School - Team Leader
With excellent people skills a must, the Ski and Ride School Team Leader position involves overseeing the ski and ride school operations and staff at Whakapapa Ski Area, ensuring Ski and Snowboard Instructors provide a fun, safe and exciting learning experience for all our guests. This is a 6 month seasonal position from April to November.
You'll be surrounded by like-minded people who are flexible, willing to have a crack where needed, work hard and then ski/ride even harder!
Everyone here shares a passion for the mountain and the surrounding region because of the endless possibilities for adventure. Whether it's because you love nature, the truly unique world heritage area, or the obvious draw card of skiing/riding the volcano, there are opportunities for real fun at every turn.
We expect our leaders to take this approach to motivate their teams to ensure each and every customer gets a unique, fun experience. You will have a desire to drive results, getting the most from your staff whilst keeping them engaged and having fun in their jobs.
THE DAY TO DAY
This role will keep you on your toes, with no two days the same.
- Provide leadership to the supervisors and wider team during the daily operations of the staff ensuring a thorough and efficient service is provided to customers.
- Lead the training and development of staff to ensure all employees can effectively meet customer needs.
- Drive business growth, maximise revenue, manage and monitor expenditure and labour utilisation, and ensure continuous improvement in systems and processes. This means:
- Manage class sizes and instructor to student ratios
- Ensure lesson availability to upsell private lessons
- Provide direction and leadership for all ski and ride school programmes including competition and development teams
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
The type of person best suited to lead this fast paced department, possesses a natural ability to lead a team, is customer centric, drives innovation through snowsports products, is resourceful and solution focussed. The successful applicant will have prior experience leading a team as well as knowledge of the Snowsports Industry.
You will need to be able to drive business while inspiring your team of dedicated instructors, as well as share a set of values that helps make us who we are and be enthusiastic about whatever the day may bring. So if you: have a commitment to being excellent; are prepared to have a crack; are happily immersed in an environment where everyone looks out for each other and loves the customer - we'd love to hear what you can bring to the team.
Come and explore your new backyard with us!
Please click the apply online link below
COVID UPDATE FROM WORK THE WILDS
To help support you during the Covid-19 Pandemic, Work the Wilds is offering a free year upgraded to the Green Flash membership. This allows access to unlimited private messaging, job posting, unlimited classified posts, access to DM employers and jobseekers and more. We hope this helps everyone to stay connected. Enter code FREEYEAR at check out. GO WILD!
*please mention you found this job on Work the Wilds