About the role
£10.30 per hour, casual working (until October 2021)
This role will require successful applicants to complete an enhanced DBS check.
- To help in the organisation and delivery of day to day running of the Watersports Centre.
- To help in the maintenance of equipment and be required to carry out any duties expected of an Instructor.
- To deliver high quality sessions to participants.
- To plan and run sessions in line with Centre operating procedures.
- To be responsible for the safety of all activity participants and ensure best practices and training is followed.
- To deal with, as appropriate, any safety hazards and report to the Senior Management Team at the earliest opportunity.
- To administer first aid or to ensure that first aid/medical assistance is called at the earliest opportunity should an incident occur.
- To instruct groups of all ages in a range of activities, for which you are qualified.
- To be responsible for the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults whilst on-site leading activities.
- To assist with equipment maintenance and ensure it is stored to suitable standards to carry out safe and effective operation.
- To assist with records are filled out correctly as required.
- To ensure certified courses are delivered in line with NGB requirements.
- To be aware that the Centre represents the public face and to conduct all activities in a manner which promotes and enhances our image and reputation.
- To undertake any other compatible duties as required.
- To promote equality and ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with our Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To adhere to the Centre cleaning processes.
- To assist on the operation of hire as required
Experience and skills
- Outgoing, calm and engaging personality
- Self-motivated, organised and confident
- Experience of working with the public e.g. in a customer focused role
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
A minimum of one of the following qualifications should be held to be considered for this role:
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Windsurfing Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- BC/UKCC Level 1 Coach
- GB Archery Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- First Aid Qualification
- SUP Instructor
- BDA Dragonboat Helm
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Instructor
- Driving License
- Safeguarding Certificate
- Current DBS
This job description represents the usual duties and requirements of the position, however, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties in line with their capability, training and level of authority. The company reserves the right to change the job description in consultation with the post holder. The job description does not form part of the Contract of Employment.
Please click the apply online link below
COVID UPDATE FROM WORK THE WILDS
To help support you during the Covid-19 Pandemic, Work the Wilds is offering a free year upgraded to the Green Flash membership. This allows access to unlimited private messaging, job posting, unlimited classified posts, access to DM employers and jobseekers and more. We hope this helps everyone to stay connected. Enter code FREEYEAR at check out. GO WILD!