Wilderness Coordinator, YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg December 2018 – August 2019
• Program: 3-42 day school and open enrollment canoe programs based across MB, ON, and SK (Canada).
• Responsibilities: Overall responsibility for coordinating all wilderness programs. Included were half, two, three, four, and six week long trips. Member of senior staff, directly interviewing, supervising, training, and supporting 19 instructors and 4 operations staff. Ensured compliance with all registration, operating, catering, and risk management procedures. Acted as All Hours Contact and managed field evacuations and incidents. Primary contact with participant families. Developed new risk management policy, established a new program depot, and improved the indigenous awareness and inclusion agenda.
Program Coordinator, Kent Union Outings Clubs September 2015 – August 2017
• Program: 3-14 day outdoor education programs for under/postgraduates in UK & European National Parks.
• Responsibilities: Coordinating caving, climbing, and hiking programs across the UK and Europe. Training leaders in these disciplines. Ensuring compliance across Outings operations with the Union’s risk, asset management, and logistics policies.
Outdoor Educator, The Outdoor Education Group January 2018 – May 2018
• Program: 3-7 day outdoor education programs for school clients at OEG Venues, Australia.
• Responsibilities: Delivering multi-activity programs while managing client staff, maintaining close control over program risks and logistics, and providing high quality educational delivery/outdoor leadership.
• Gained Core RL2, Bushwalk RL2, Flying Fox RL2, High Ropes RL2, etc. See Certifications and Trainings Sheet of Master Logbook for all modules gained.
Trip Leader, Zeal Adventure & Travel May 2017 – September 2018
• Program: 14-21 day service/culture/adventure programs for 14-17 year olds in Costa Rica and Hawaii (USA).
• Responsibilities: Leading trips, while maintaining close control over program risks and logistics, providing high quality educational delivery and group/client management. Pre-season trip logistics planning, parent relations, and staff training.
Mountains Specialist, Camp Walt Whitman May 2017 - July 2018
• Program: 1-5 day hiking trips in the White Mountain State Park for campers ranging from 7-14 years old.
• Responsibilities: Led day hikes and multi-day backcountry trekking trips, following Whitman’s personal development goals, in addition to hazard mitigation, medical treatment, group management, and planning.
Mountains and Cave Leader, Kent Union Outings Clubs September 2015 – August 2017
• Program: 3-14 day outdoor education programs for under/postgraduates at UK National Parks
• Responsibilities: Delivering programs while maintaining close control over program risks and logistics, providing high quality instruction, and group/client management in various disciplines and environments.
At-Risk Program Instructor, Greater Newark YMCA-YWCA May 2015 - August 2015
• Program: 5 day camp programs for at-risk youth at YMCA Camp Linwood MacDonald, USA.
• Responsibilities: Leading camp activities and ensuring center rules are followed. Instructing adventure camp programs. Developing positive relationships with campers and encouraging personal development through the stages of change in accordance with the Y’s core values.
Indoor Climbing Instructor, Golden Gecko Climbing LLC August 2017 – May 2019
• Center: Indoor climbing wall offering instruction on their auto-belay, top roping, and bouldering walls.
• Responsibilities: Ensuring centre rules and best practice were applied, performing ongoing dynamic risk assessment. Providing engaging instruction/sessions on top roping, auto-belay, and bouldering walls.